Atari and iLLOGIKA have shared new trailer for Atari Mania, teasing the mayhem to return to Nintendo Change “later this 12 months.”
Moving into the footwear of the Caretaker of the Atari Vault, you’re tasked with watching over a storehouse of “retro-tastic” Atari video games. After a useless pixel seems one night time, you uncover that the vaulted video games have began to warp, mutate and meld right into a collection of more and more wild challenges.
Promising “a strong storyline informed by means of a number of 150 microgames,” every has included Atari classics from the Nineteen Seventies and ’80s golden period of gaming.
You’ll have to overcome killer mixtures of Atari video games, clear up puzzles, full challenges and beat the clock. With Atari easter eggs to find alongside the way in which, as you advance you’ll full runs of microgames in a randomly-generated order earlier than tackling boss battles.
The writer has outlined the sport’s key options as beneath:
- Manic Mashups: Over 150 microgames impressed by the breadth of Atari’s decades-spanning catalog, from Asteroids to Yars’ Revenge. Struggle again Centipedes with a Pong paddle whereas the long-lasting Journey dragon hunts you down! It’s crossover insanity in the easiest way doable!
- Wonderful Exploration: Clear up tough puzzles and make the most of intelligent instruments to progress by means of the Vault and uncover classically-inspired Atari Easter Eggs.
- Pixel-Good Pizzaz: A captivating neo-retro artwork replace to the basic Atari 2600 fashion is accomplished by a soundtrack of retro-inspired jams.
- Characters Like You’ve By no means Seen Them Earlier than: Go face to antennae with a number of the biggest video games and characters in online game historical past. Belief us — you’ll by no means consider Bentley Bear the identical means once more!
- Treasure Trove of Atari Historical past: Collectibles abound, together with classic Atari artwork, posters, manuals, and enjoyable details. Totally playable variations of remastered Atari classics are unlocked by finishing cheeky challenges.
Atari Mania will launch digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Change worldwide “later this 12 months.”